Here are some frequently asked questions about our franchises. You may have other questions as we move through our process, including information required by the Federal Trade Commission and applicable state laws. Feel free to contact us at 770.218.9962.
How do I get started?
- The first step is to return the Franchise Evaluation Form included in your Franchise Kit. This does not obligate you to Cheeseburger Bobby’s in any way. The form is simply used to determine mutual compatibility. Upon receipt and review, we will contact you and arrange a personal meeting. If we both agree to proceed, we will give you our Franchise Disclosure Document (FDD) for review. This document contains all the information required by the Federal Trade Commission and/or the particular state in which your Cheeseburger Bobby’s restaurant will be located. A copy of our opportunity is contained in this document. The FDD will enable you to diligently investigate our franchise operation.
What types of opportunities are available?
- Individual and multi-unit franchise opportunities are available.
What would my initial franchise cost?
- The franchise fee is $32,000.
What is the term of my franchise agreement?
- We are prepared to commit to a long-term relationship with you. A 20-year franchise agreement is awarded to qualified franchisees.
Is there a continuing fee?
- Yes, the continuing royalty fee is 5.5% of gross receipts, excluding sales tax.
Is there an advertising fee?
- Yes. Currently the advertising fee is 2% of gross sales, excluding sales taxes, whose use is solely determined by Cheeseburger Bobby’s.
Does Cheeseburger Bobby’s offer financing?
- Cheeseburger Bobby’s will recommend SBA and lending programs, as well as leasing options with third-party sources to qualified franchisees. However, we do not offer direct financing. Qualified prospective franchisees, as Cheeseburger Bobby’s franchisees, may be able to obtain a loan from a third-party institution. The loan amount may vary in respect to the applicant’s credit history, the liquid assets value of the applicant, as well as the cash amount used by the qualified prospective franchisee as its direct contribution to the total investment in the franchise. Equipment leasing is an alternative to reduce the total funds needed, but may be more costly than the loan.
Will I receive assistance in finding a suitable location for my Cheeseburger Bobby’s restaurant?
- Yes. While it is each franchisee’s contractual responsibility to find a suitable location, Cheeseburger Bobby’s representatives will voluntarily assist you in this process. We will collectively review all available options and approve a location that is mutually agreed upon and meets our criteria.
How long does it take to open a Cheeseburger Bobby’s restaurant?
- We hesitate to give a specific time due to the number of variables that exist. Usually a restaurant opening may be completed within 120 days or more from the time a site is leased.
Do I receive training by Cheeseburger Bobby’s?
- Yes, our current training program consists of hands-on experience at Burger U, where you will operate a Cheeseburger Bobby’s restaurant in Atlanta, Georgia. This covers all facets of operating the Cheeseburger Bobby’s business. A Cheeseburger Bobby’s representative will then assist you at the opening of your first restaurant.
Is Cheeseburger Bobby’s equipped for the future?
- Cheeseburger Bobby’s is continuously working to improve your business and our business in order to adapt to an ever-changing world and fast-casual segment. We seek to take advantage of new technology, refine existing systems and react to new market opportunities as they arise. Cheeseburger Bobby’s is an organization with dedicated professionals seeking to make your business a success.